As we know, breastfeeding is one of the main source of feeding for newborn and sometimes, reflux and projectile vomiting may occur in newborns during and after feeding. Be calm, it’s a natural phenomenon. Mostly baby feel fussy and discomfort due to digestive problems. We can prevent and avoid digestion problems in baby, follow these steps:
- Feed often: Breastfeeding is the easiest way to calm the fussy baby. Sucking and feeding can help to sooth babies tummy. But take one thing in your mind, nursing more often can cause increase in the fat intake which slow down digestion in newborns. So, take a proper interval between breastfeeding.
- Feeding Position: Mostly new mothers are not aware of the benefits of proper position of breast feeding. Position baby in such a way, so that, gravity works to move milk down slowly. Instead of caring baby into horizontal position across your breast, hold baby in semi-upright position.
- Carry your baby in sling: Carry your baby in sling, it helps to provide upright position to baby and massage to babies tummy. It also aid into easy bowel movement.
- Massage: Massage baby gently, it provide a soothing and calming effect to baby. Massage by using mother sparsh lal tail. But remember, if your baby is not enjoying massage then stop it immediately.
- Burping: Newborn find it difficult to burp as they usually inhale some amount of air during breastfeeding. Burp make him more comfortable and less fussy. Burping frees up room in baby’s tummy, so he can feed and digest easily.
- Constipation: It is a common digestive problem in babies, after babies are introduced to food or time when parents introduced baby a whole milk. These products can cause constipation in babies. You may use Mother Sparsh Janam Ghutti to get relieve from constipation.
- Gripe water: If your baby is suffering from stomach discomfort, colic pain, gas buildup, teething and hiccups problems then use Mother Sparsh Ayurvedic gripe water which is India’s First Gripe Water without Sodium Bicarbonate/ Sarjikakshara. It is 100 % Ayurvedic formula for quick relief from such problems.
Mother Sparsh understand the need of parents and formulated Ayurvedic Gripe water without Sodium Bicarbonate (Sarjikashara/Baking Soda) taking references form Ayurveda with the usage of Ajwain, Saunf & Pudhina. Mother Sparsh gripe water does not have sodium bicarbonate/baking soda for the following reasons:-
- Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda) is an alkali (antacid) which alters the PH of stomach acid which is naturally created in baby’s stomach. However, stomach acid serves a useful purpose because it helps the body to digest food, protects the gut from infections. Disrupting the stomach’s natural acidity has led to concerns about risk for infection in babies and affects the absorption of nutrients like calcium, magnesium, B12, and iron.
- Sodium Bicarbonate can temporarily relieve some discomfort caused in case of acidic stomach. But, unfortunately, sodium bicarbonate is absorbed into the bloodstream of babies and can have unwanted/harmful side effects. As per Medline Plus, a service of the U.S National Library of Medicine, antacids (sodium bicarbonate/baking soda) should not be given to young children/babies (up to 12 years of age) unless it is prescribed by the doctors”.