While enjoying your parenthood, you are always concerned about the health of your baby as your little one can not tell the reason of his/her cry. To see your baby crying is frustrating because you are helpless being unaware about the problem. In most of the cases it’s the colic discomfort and constipation.
Is gripe water safe for babies? - The first question that arises in every mother’s head and heart. All mothers are desperate to give something to their crying babies that can calm and soothe them. Gripe water is the best and the safest option for your baby if made the right choice.
- Ayurvedic gripe water (Should be free from Sodium Bicarbonate/Sarjikakshara) is made of herbs and natural oil which helps the baby to pass gas.
- Gripe water aids digestion, softens the muscle and make the baby feel comfortable if he/she is gassy. Gripe water helps in getting rid of gas or wind.
- Gripe water helps with teething. Babies while teething are likely to be fussy due to which they cry more and breathe irregularly. This make them take more air in hence leads to wind. Gripe water helps to ease this wind and calm a teething baby.
- While teething salivary gland produces an enzyme that upset the stomach. Gripe water is effective in treating upset tummy.
- It helps baby to sleep. It helps baby to calm and relax and finally drop off to sleep.
- Mother Sparsh Gripe Water is India’s First Gripe Water without Sodium Bicarbonate/Sarjikakshara & Sucrose which is most commonly found in all other gripe water present in the market. . As per Medline Plus, a service of the U.S National Library of Medicine, antacids (sodium bicarbonate/baking soda) should not be given to young children/babies (up to 12 years of age) unless it is prescribed by the doctors”. Mother Sparsh Gripe Water is the 100% Ayurvedic formulation for your infant to relieve from gas, Indigestion & acidity.
- Sodium bicarbonate is commonly known as baking soda/Sarjikakshara. Mother Sparsh gripe water does not have sodium bicarbonate/baking soda for the following reasons
- Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda) is an alkali (antacid) which alters the PH of stomach acid which is naturally created in baby’s stomach. However, stomach acid serves a useful purpose because it helps the body to digest food, protects the gut from infections. Disrupting the stomach’s natural acidity has led to concerns about risk for infection in babies and affects the absorption of nutrients like calcium, magnesium, B12, and iron.
- Sodium Bicarbonate can temporarily relieve some discomfort caused in case of acidic stomach. But, unfortunately, sodium bicarbonate is absorbed into the bloodstream of babies and can have unwanted/harmful side effects. As per Medline Plus, a service of the U.S National Library of Medicine, antacids (sodium bicarbonate/baking soda) should not be given to young children/babies (up to 12 years of age) unless it is prescribed by the doctors”.