It is common for babies to suffer from diaper rash. It is a form of dermatitis that happens when skin covered by diaper gets inflamed. The main cause of diaper rash is repeated or prolonged contact with dirty diapers. Other common causes include yeast infections, digestive problems, and food allergies.
If your baby gets diaper rash, allow him to be diaper less for sometime so that skin can breathe and eliminate moisture.
- Baking soda: Add 2 tbsp of baking soda in 4 cups of water. Wash the baby’s bottom with this mixture.
- Vinegar: Add 1 tbsp of vinegar with 1 cup of water. Use this mixture to wipe baby’s bottom when changing diaper.
- Petroleum jelly: Apply thin layer of petroleum jelly on baby’s sensitive skin every time you change a diaper. It helps to protect the diaper area from irritating effects of urine.
- Oatmeal: Add 1 tbsp of oatmeal to bath water. Bathe your baby in the solution. You can do this twice a day for soothing effect.
- Coconut oil: It acts as a great moisturizer. Apply some coconut oil on the diaper area several times a day.
- Breast milk: Breast milk is the best way to cure diaper rash as it helps to fight against infection in babies.
- Shea Butter: Apply shea butter on the affected area as it has anti fungal and anti- inflammatory properties.
Note: Mother Sparsh Water Wipes are specially formulated for baby’s sensitive skin. It is the purest wipes with 98% pure water which have a soothing effect on baby’s skin and also help in preventing diaper rashes. Because it is Hypoallergenic, so Mother Sparsh WaterWipes don’t irritate skin instead it cleanse your baby’s sensitive skin without causing uneasiness, allergy and infections.