“Extra Care” what all mothers think when it comes to winter care of babies. Every mother has the tendency to overdo it, in order to be cautious for the tiny new life. Dressing up the new born is a trick and the most important thing is to do it till right level so that your baby doesn’t enter the uncomfortable zone.
Here are some ways to MAKE IT TO PERFECT so that the smile on your baby’s face remains throughout:
#TIP 1: PUT ONE ADDITIONAL LAYER
- The best guideline for doing this is to make your tiny tot wear a body suit, a shirt, a sweeter and a lower. Then finally make him/her wear a warm suit or a snowsuit as a covering or else you can layer your baby with a blanket.
#TIP 2: LAYERING
- Layering depends on the warmth of the blanket you are using. For a baby who is going to spend the day inside, couple of layers is sufficient. Initiating with a body suit with one piece on the top and if pants and a top are your choices for your baby than make your little wear socks for keeping the little toes warm.
#TIP 3: DRESSING FOR SLEEP
- Overdoing is the most important thing that is to be avoided, when dressing up the baby for sleep during winters. Overheated babies are at a greater risk of SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome) and babies enjoy a better sleep when they are comfortable. It depends on the temperature of the room that how many coverings of blankets are required. Make sure to check the toes and neck area of your baby in order to know that your baby is not sweaty or overheated.
#TIP 4: SLEEPING WITH MUM
- Sleeping by snuggling against mother not only helps in getting warmth from mother’s body besides that it is the best way of beating chilled winters. So the little ones who are enjoying their sleep with their mothers need lesser clothes than crib dwellers.
#TIP 5: MAKE USE OF STROLLER BAG
- While taking baby out for a walk in winters, prefer cozy strollers to keep baby warm. Get a stroller with a sleeping bag so that you can zip it to control the temperature and make the tiny enjoy warmth.
#TIP 6: SAY ‘YES’ TO WARM CAPS, MITTENS AND HOODS
- The best choice for this is a cozy cap that covers his/her ear. Use mittens to keep your little’s hands warm. Prefer baby suits with hoods and hand covers as it is going to solve your purpose perfectly.
#TIP 7: UNWRAP INSIDE
- Bundling up your baby is necessary when heading out in winters but remember to remove some layers whenever you are back. Inside its warm and excessive heat is going to make him uncomfortable and fussy.