A new life coming in front of you and holding your baby for the first time is a wonderful feeling. If you are breastfeeding your baby right after the birth, you are doing the perfect thing, Many times, Breastfeed does not come naturally at first, its fine there is no need to worry about it.
In many cases especially new mothers need to practice it a lot, till they get hang of it. In the beginning newborn might have a trouble in finding or staying on the nipple. Breastfeeding requires both patience & practice. But the main point to focus is, “Breastfeeding is must for baby to stay healthy”. Here are the benefits you all must know.
- Initiation of breastfeed within first hour after the birth
- Exclusive breastfeeding for first Six months.
- Continued breast feeding for first two years.
- Responsive complementary feeding starts after 6 months.
- Breast milk has intense impact on child’s survival, health, development and nutrition.
- At the beginning, mother’s body will produce small amounts of special milk called colostrum (full of antibiotics and immunoglobulin) that will help protect your baby from infection.
- Breast milk provides natural ingredients, like ‘taurine’ and ‘lactoferrin’ for protein, self-digesting fats for energy and brain development, hormones and enzymes for healthy growth, and a surplus of vitamins, minerals, antibodies and no other liquid or food are needed.
- Breast milk carries antibiotics from mother that help combat diseases.
- The act of breastfeeding itself stimulates proper growth of mouth & Jaw, and secretion of hormones for digestion & fullness.
- Breastfeeding creates a special bond between Mother and Baby and the interaction between the mother and child has positive outcome for life in terms of behavior, speech, security, stimulation & sense of well being.
- Breastfeeding lowers the risk of chronic conditions later in life, like high cholesterol, high blood pressure diabetes, childhood asthma, childhood leukemia and obesity.
- Infants who receive breast milk have at least Six times a greater chance of survival in the early months of life — due to the decrease in risk for acute respiratory infection and diarrhea.
- Studies have revealed that breastfed infants do better on intelligence and behavior tests into adulthood than formula-fed babies.
- According to the UK Millennium Cohort Survey, there exists a direct link between six months of exclusive breastfeeding and a 53 percent decrease in diarrhea hospitalizations as well as a 27 percent decrease in respiratory tract infections.
Breastfeeding should be promoted immediately after the delivery because it helps in reducing the risk of post-partum hemorrhage. It has both short term and long term benefits, as in short term breastfeeding returns to the delay in fertility and long term, it reduces type 2 diabetes and breast, ovarian and uterine cancer. Studies have also revealed an association between early termination of breastfeeding and post natal depression in mothers.
“BREASTFEEDING IS UNIVERSAL WAY TO NURTURE”
BREAST FEEDING IS NOT ONLY THE BEST GIFT TO A NEWBORN BUT ALSO GIVES THEM THE BEST START IN LIFE.
From the very first moment when we see cute little face, we want everything best for our baby. We are blessed by nature’s valuable assets which let this human race to develop thoroughly. Ayurveda has used those invaluable resources to bring sound health to our babies. Experts here in Mother Sparsh are focused on developing 100% approved Ayurvedic products conforming pharmaceutical standards.Read More
Mother Sparsh Baby Care Pvt. Ltd., H.No: 886, Sector-7, Ambala City, Haryana
24X7 HelpLine: 0171-3055255
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org