Breast milk is the best food a baby can get for at least one year of his life. It provides all the essential needs of a baby and helps the baby to protect against infection. It also protects the baby against allergies, asthma and obesity as the baby grows. Moreover, Breastfeeding helps the mother to shed the pregnancy weight more rapidly. There are some foods and home remedies to increase the breast milk.
- Soak Fennel seeds in a glass of water overnight and drink it early in the morning.
- Cumin seeds or jeera helps the lactating mother to produce more milk. It is also rich in iron and helps in building strength postpartum. You can roast and grind cumin seeds and add them to oatmeal, curd, buttermilk and other vegetable preparations.
- Studies revealed that Fenugreek or Methi seeds help in breast milk production in mothers postpartum. You can soak methi seeds overnight in a glass of water drink it early in the morning or sprinkle it on your vegetables.
- Garlic is known for herbal properties helps in breast milk production in new mothers. Try to have two or three cloves of garlic daily to improve breast milk production.
- Ajwain is helpful to aid digestion and provides relief from constipation. It also helps lactating mothers to increase breast milk production.
- Green Vegetables helps in lactation postpartum. Green vegetables have high nutritional value and they are easy to digest as well.
- Having oats in breakfast is a good option as they are rich with calcium, fiber and iron. A bowl full of oats helps to improve lactation.
- Roast dry fruits in ghee, make a powder and then add them to your daily food. It will help in improving breast milk production.