When you figure out two red lines over the home pregnancy test, there is countless emotions seen on your face and it is the most precious time for you.But at the same time women become more concerned and worried about their physical health. To stay fit during the pregnancy we have prepare list of few points which are helpful to maintain your physical as well as mental health.
During the first and last trimester of pregnancy, mother has to be undertaken with intense care to support the proper growth of baby at physical and mental level. These are few tips that should be kept in mind to stay safe and healthy during pregnancy.
- Try yoga:Yoga and meditation helps to relieve you from stress and anxiety. Yoga postures help to improve sleep and relax mind. It helps to lower the risk such as preterm labor and intrauterine growth restriction. Yoga is one of the best thing that should you can try during pregnancy. You can try yoga asanas such as Tadasana, Ardha Kati Chakrasana, Triangle Pose, standing Forward Bend pose, Warrior Pose - I and Warrior Pose - II as advised by yoga teacher. Consult your physician before performing yoga asanas.
- Exercises: Try to do exercise which is seems to be comfortable for you and advised by physician. Exercise which put low pressure on body are best for you such as swimming, walking, indoor cycling and other low strain exercises. Wear a proper exercise wears, in which you comfortably perform exercises. Don’t try swimming exercise if you are not enjoying it. Instead of it, do exercise that you enjoyed while performing.
- Eat healthy: Eat healthy foods and health supplements that are rich in protein, mineral and carbohydrates. Consult with your physician about adding prenatal multivitamins in your diet. Before starting any diet, take a smart advice from your dietician or physician. Take light snacks two times a day in between breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can try foods that provide nutrition to the body such as figs, Chives, pinto beans, leeks, pumpkin seeds and artichokes.
- Avoid smoking: Quit smoking as smoking can affect you and your baby’s health during pregnancy and after pregnancy. The nicotine and other compounds present in cigarette are carried directly to baby through bloodstream which may affect amount of oxygen, heart rate, respiratory system and other related problems in baby or even increase the chances of miscarriage and stillbirth.
- Stay hydrated: It is most important to stay hydrated during pregnancy. Body needs water to build new tissues, carry nutrient, produce extra blood volume and helps to flush out waste materials from the body. You can try milk, juice, lime water, sparkling water and fruits that contain high amount of water content.
After the birth, it’s a new life for mother too therefore she must be taken care with love and affection. These are few tips to take care newly formed mothers.
- Take an adequate sleep and rest after childbirth: Sleep is the most important part of mother and babies life. Newborn needs at least 16-18 hours sleep in first week and 14-16 hours for subsequent weeks. With baby, sometimes mothers suffer from lack of sleep. So, it is advised for new mothers, fall asleep over the bed whenever you find time. Before sleep, take a massage of luke-warm oil for a sound sleep.
- Postnatal check-ups: Regular check-ups after child-birth are very important for both babies and mother health. The regular check-ups include blood pressure measuring, temperature measuring and other examinations taken by physician.
- Breast feeding: After birth mother’s milk is the best nutritional diet for a baby and also helpful for mother health. Breast feeding shed off the weight faster and helps to burn more calories. It also releases the hormone which help uterus to return at its pre-pregnancy size.
- Diet: Pay a proper attention to your diet. You can add fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet which are rich in carbohydrates, protein and fiber. Drink a plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Exercise: Start with right and easy exercises as advised by physician. Try not to pull heavy weight after pregnancy. Do light exercises like walk or as directed by the physician.