Skincare is a punctilious thing. We all are over- particular about our skincare routines. It would be great if our skin takes good care of it on its own, but skincare is a commitment, which needs a proper regular skincare regimen to avoid any dire consequences. Irrespective of skin type and environmental stresses, everyone needs a basic skincare routine for blemish-free skin because great skin is not a miracle and needs time, effort, and proper care to stay healthy and glowing.
Skincare is a long journey to find what relatively works for your skin, respective of your skin type. But no need to worry! If you take good care with some basic skincare routines, all your skin problems will fade away.
Now you must be thinking- HOW? What is a good daily skincare routine? Don't worry! We will help you with the best basic skincare routine. Continue Reading for the ultimate guide of daily skincare routine..!
Let's start with some basic information about skincare routines.
What is a daily skincare routine, and How is it done?
The daily skincare routine is all about understanding the basic needs and problems of your skin. Start with knowing the skin type, targeted issue, suitable products, and the correct application for a good skincare regimen. Let us guide you more about the daily skincare routine for Indian Skin
Knowing Skin Types:
1. Oily Skin: have too many pores with excess oil secretion and a greasy appearance.
2. Dry Skin: Rough, tight, doesn't have enough moisture, and sometimes itchy as well as flaky.
3. Normal Skin: Clear and balanced.
4. Combination Skin: dry on cheeks and oily on forehead, nose, or chin.
5. Sensitive Skin: easily irritated and reactive to cosmetic products.
Targeting Skin Problems:1. Acne
2. Dark spots
7. Extremely sensitive, oily or dry
Choosing Suitable Face care Products:
We all know there are plenty of beauty products available in the Indian market. After understanding the skin type and problem of your skin, choose wisely the suitable product for your face. Stick to one brand as experimenting with different products and brands might cause a serious problem to your skin. Nowadays, skin experts are highly recommending organic or plant powered face care products for no side effects and a natural healthy glow. Mother Sparsh is a well-known and the NO.1 trusted brand by the dermatologist for natural and plant powered products. Do take out some time to visit their website.
Correct Order For Skincare Routine:
A good skincare routine is easy, quick, and effective if you get yourself a good cleanser, toner, and moisturizer kit. All you have to do is follow the steps carefully. We will help you in creating a perfect skincare routine for naturally healthy and glowing skin-
CTM routine is the first and effective way of starting your day with healthy skincare. Now the question is- what is CTM for skin? CTM stands for Cleansing, Toning, Moisturizing. Does the CTM routine also need guidance on how to do CTM on face? Are there any best CTM products available in the India Market? Is there any CTM routine with home remedies? Does the CTM routine vary according to skin type? Want to know more about cleansing, toning, and moisturizing steps at home? Go ahead and read more to know more...!
Cleansing is the first step in any skincare routine. It cleanses away the dirt, impurities, makeup remnants, and excess oil from your skin. Cleansing prepares your skin for the next step of the CTM in your skincare routine.
A perfect cleanser is- Gentle, Moisture Restoring, and deep cleansing that doesn't over-cleanse your skin and stripe away your natural moisture or nutrients.
How to use a cleanser according to your skin type
1. Oily Skin - Oily skin is a result of excess oil secretion of sebum production. Choose a cleanser that is free from non-comedogenic ingredients (such as aloe vera, neem oil, or citric acid) to avoid clogged pores.
2. Dry Skin - Dry skin cleanser should contain moisturizing ingredients which give extra moisture to your skin. Choose a cleanser with hydrating agents like glycerin or essential oils.
3. Sensitive Skin - Always choose an unscented mild cleanser free from sulfates or any harmful toxins for sensitive skin as they get easily irritated from cosmetic products. Opt for a cleanser that has cucumber and aloe vera, as they soothe sensitive skin by restoring the right amount of moisture.
4. Combination Skin - Choose any natural cleanser for Normal or combination skin as any type of cleanser works great on this type of skin.
Toning is the second most important step of the CTM routine as it balances your skin pH level. It prepares your skin for other steps of the skincare routine like moisturizing or make-up. Take a few drops of toner on cotton and apply it thoroughly to your face.
Ingredients to look for in a toner-
- Rosewater & Green tea extracts - for soothing
- Vitamin E and C - To slow down the aging
- Hyaluronic - For hydration
- Alpha and beta hydroxy - for exfoliation of the skin
Difference Between Toner and Serum
The serum is a quick-absorbing and lightweight skincare product that has a high concentration of active ingredients. It is made of small molecules that allow active ingredients to penetrate deeply into the skin. Whereas toner cleanses away the impurities and restores the pH level of the skin.
Skin is our outermost layer that acts as a barrier and protects the skin cells & tissues from external factors. The strength of the barrier is directly proportional to hydration and nourishment. Therefore, it is very important to hydrate your skin with good moisturizers throughout the day.
Moisturizing is the third and very crucial step of the CTM routine, so be very cautious when you buy a moisturizer according to your skin type. Let us help you find a good moisturizer for your skin type-
- For Oily skin - Serum moisturizers.
- For Dry skin - Cream moisturizers.
- For Sensitive skin - Lotion or Gel moisturizers
- Normal to Dry skin - Gel moisturizers
- Normal to Oily Skin - Serum moisturizers
CTM Routine for Day skincare
The morning routine is all about protection from the sun, pollution, and the elements. The day skincare CTM routine needs extra care as you will be dealing with external aggressors for the whole day. Opt for a good sunscreen lotion and day moisturizing cream that shields your skin from harmful UV rays.
After a good CTM routine, follow up with-
Sunscreen should be your utmost priority in daily routine care during the daytime. Opt for a natural or mineral sunscreen that works great by physically blocking UV rays. But it can turn out to be tricky if you are using chemicals-based sunscreen as they need to get absorbed deep into the skin for effective results. Eventually, you will not be able to use moisturizer and sunscreen at the same time.
2. Day Cream Moisturiser
Day cream moisturizers help in the skin renewal process by supporting collagen structure and retaining the moisture balance. It keeps dark spots, pigmentation, and aging problems in check by ensuring radiant & blemish-free skin. Check out popular ayurvedic day cream from Mother Sparsh made of Turmeric and Gotu kola.
CTM Routine for Night skincare
You know your skin repairs naturally at night? If not, let us tell you more about it. At night along with your body, your skin also takes a rest from external aggressors and repairs itself. That is why your nighttime routine care should fulfill your skin's needs and give it a healthy treatment.
Here’s the correct order of CTM routine care for the night. Just in case you don't know how to use cleanser, toner, and moisturizer at night, continue reading..!
1. Double Cleansing
After a tough and rough day with external aggressors, you need to get rid of the day's dirt, oil, make-up, and impurities. So, how to use cleanser at night? Double cleansing means, first remove your make-up with gentle make-up remover face wash. Then use your regular face cleanser respective to your skin type for dirt, impurities, and excess oil.
2. Skin Boosters like Serums
You must be wondering can we use serum at night? Some people use toners at night and some prefer skin boosters like serums, mists, essences, or beauty waters. Night skincare routines for glowing skin are infused with different active ingredients to provide your skin the best hydration and nourishment to repair itself throughout the night.
3. Eye Cream
It is important to use eye creams at night to get rid of dark circles as well as maintain the health of the skin around your eyes. Improving the skin quality near eyelids ensures that it does not lose its laxity easily and gives a smooth appearance every day.
Moisturizer or Night Cream
How to apply night cream? The first thing that clicks your mind because some people use the same moisturizer day and night. But, moisturizers are the heavier ones to create a protective coating on the skin. Using a particular night cream for moisturizing will prevent water evaporation while you're sleeping. If you are using the right moisturizer for the night, it will maintain a healthy water content to keep your skin hydrated. Night creams usually treat hyperpigmentation & fade dark spots giving you a brightening skincare routine.
You must try Mother Sparsh's Night balm.
FAQs On CTM Skin Care as well as Regular Skincare routine
1. What Happens if we use CTM routine Daily?CTM routine is the best and only way to keep your skin glowing and healthy. Cleansers remove dirt, impurities, and excess oil from the skin. Toners gently revitalize the skin and balance the pH level of the skin. Moisturizers Deeply hydrate and nourish your skin without stripping away the natural moisture.
2. What is the best time to apply moisturizer?
The best time to put on moisturizer is after cleansing and toning twice a day. Also if you are using sunscreen and moisturizer together, apply moisturizer before the sunscreen for better moisturizing and best protection from the sun.
3. Can I use Rose Water daily on my face?
Yes, definitely. You can use rose water as a toner on your face after cleansing and before moisturizing. The best thing about rose water is that it is suitable for all skin types. Therefore, it is safe and good for your skin on a daily basis.
4. What is a good daily skincare routine?
CTM skin care routine twice a day, one in the morning and one before bed is the best skincare routine for all skin types as it deeply cleanses your skin, balances your pH level, maintains the natural moisture, and gives a radiant glow with proper nourishment.
5. When should I tone my face?
The best time to use toner is after washing your face with a cleanser and before applying moisturizer or make-up.