12 Herbs your Hair growth Powder Must Have
Hair loss is a common concern for everyone nowadays. Both men and women develop hair loss problems due to many reasons like- stress, environmental changes, genetic and vitamin deficiencies, hormonal imbalance, Harsh chemical products abuse, and so on. Some medical issues like thyroid, arthritis, depression, cancer and heart problems also cause hair loss or hair thinning. During pregnancy, hormones keep on fluctuating that develops severe hair loss. More surprising reasons cause hair loss in everyone, but there is no magic potion for hair regrowth. Then, how can I grow my hair faster? How can I grow hair in my bald spot? How can I naturally stimulate hair growth? Yes, you can stimulate your hair growth naturally. Nature has been a solution for every problem. For thousands of years, natural herbs have nourished the hair & scalp by promoting healthy hair growth. But does herbal shampoo for hair growth work?
Natural herbs are the most effective way to treat various ailments of uneven complexion to dry scalp and hair loss problems. But what herbs make hair grow faster? Yes, We are talking about natural herbs and ayurvedic home remedies for hair growth, which appear in all kinds of formulations from hair oils to hair shampoo and hair growth power. Do all-natural herbs for hair growth and thickness work effectively? It is an alluring idea for sure, but not all herbs are equally beneficial. So, what now? What are the natural herbs for hair growth? Are these herbs good for hair? How to know which herbal hair care is helpful? Which hair growth powder is better? Which herbal powder for hair is best for baldness? What are the effective ayurvedic tips for hair thickness?- and many more. These are the right questions that might come to your mind before switching to any herbal hair growth powder.
Let us help you with all your queries and guide you about the Indian herbs for hair growth, which will make your hair strong & healthy. Below listed are the best herbs for hair growth-
12 Natural Herbs For Hair Growth
According to Indian Ancient Ayurvedic hair care, natural herbs have moisturizing properties for healthy hair treatments. These herbs nourish your hair & scalp from roots to tips to provide proper moisture without stripping away the natural oils. These herbs help in eliminating dryness and make your hair brittle-free. Here are the best natural herbs for hair loss treatment:
Bhringraj for Hair
Bhringraj is also known as 'false daisy' in English, particularly grows in the moist area and is enriched with vitamins, minerals, magnesium, and iron. It is a traditional ayurvedic wonder herb that is highly beneficial for growing long, silky, strong, and healthy hair. It is from the sunflower plant family, mainly used in oil form in all hair products. It effectively combats hair loss and promotes healthy hair growth.
Bhringraj benefits for hair:
- Bhringraj is a natural herb that promotes hair growth and cures baldness.
- It soothes the scalp from dryness & itchiness by eliminating dandruff.
- It stimulates the blood flow of the scalp and hair follicle to induce natural hair growth and controls early premature greying of hair.
- It nourishes your hair naturally without stripping away the natural moisture and makes hair healthy and shiny.
How to use Bhringraj for hair:
a) Either you can make your Bhringraj oil by adding it to coconut or sesame oil and use it regularly with a good massage.
b) You can use hair products that are made of Bhringraj. Regular oiling or use of Bhringraj products will help you with your stress and helps in boosting blood circulation to the scalp.
Brahmi For Hair
Brahmi, also known as Gotu Kola, is the best herbal hair care herb of Ayurveda. It is extracted from Brahmi leaves. It grows in wet tropical environments. The entire plant of Brahmi from its roots to flowers is useful for herbal hair care. The hair benefiting property of this herb is present in the form of hair growth powder or oil. Brahmi promotes the health of the hair and scalp, which makes them grow longer and thicker.
Brahmi benefits for hair:
- Brahmi is the best Ayurvedic herbal hair oil for hair growth that prevents thinning of hair follicles to cure hair loss.
- Brahmi hair growth powder has an alkaloid that activates proteins in the body to toughen and strengthen hair naturally.
- It soothes your brain nerves and calms down your stress by lifting your mood.
- It helps to treat the dry, itchy scalp by eliminating dandruff.
- It helps in reducing the ‘cortisol’ – which is a stress hormone. High levels of cortisol lead to hair loss.
How to use Brahmi for hair:
1. Brahmi is not safe for consumption. So, Try Brahmi hair growth powder or hair oil directly on your scalp and hair as directed on the particular product.
2. You can also add a few leaves of Brahmi to your water before a bath. It may help in preventing hair loss and promotes hair regrowth.
3. You can try this all-new Brahmi Hair Care Range from Mother Sparsh.
Manjistha For Hair
Manjistha, also known as Indian Madder, is one of the best blood-purifying herbs. It is a great herb to dye hair without any addition of chemicals. It has antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties. It usually grows in loamy soil in the humus. It helps to regenerate your hair follicles.
Manjitha benefits for hair:
- Manjistha hair growth powder prevents premature greying of hair.
- Manjistha hair oil will help in adding shine to the hair and strengthen hair roots.
- The antioxidant properties & anti-stress activity help in preventing excessive hair loss and promote healthy hair growth.
- It enhances the natural color of the hair.
How to use Manjistha for hair:
1. Mix the Manjistha hair growth powder with honey or rose water. Apply the paste on your hair and scalp at least 2-3 times a week.
2. Massage your hair and scalp thoroughly with Manjistha oil after mixing it with your essential oil.
Nagarmotha For Hair
Nagarmotha is a classical ayurvedic herb that grows in moist or well irrigated, light sandy, and medium loamy soils. The roots of Nagarmotha are usually used in Ayurveda for herbal hair care. With the presence of numerous essential oils, it naturally promotes hair regrowth and helps relieve stress.
Nagarmotha benefits for hair:
- It helps in eliminating dandruff by removing the dirt, impurities & excess oil from the scalp and thus reduces the itchiness and dryness of the scalp.
- It helps in controlling split for strong and healthy hair.
- It provides nutrients to the hair & scalp that deeply nourishes the scalp and promotes healthy hair growth.
- It helps in providing the right amount of moisturizer to the scalp and hair without stripping away the natural moisture.
How to use Nagarmotha for hair:
1. Prepare a mixture of 3-4 drops of Nagarmotha oil with 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Massage it thoroughly onto the scalp from roots to tips and keep it on overnight.
Amla For Hair
Amla, also known as Indian Gooseberry, works wonders on hair, irrespective of hair type. It is very rich in vitamin C and antioxidants that play an essential role in hair care. It has been eaten raw, or made into tonics and oils, for thousands of years for therapeutic and preventative purposes.
Amla benefits for hair:
- Essential fatty acids and antioxidants help strengthen the hair follicles and make hair strong and lustrous.
- Amla is overall good for hair and scalp health as it helps in eliminating dandruff and excess oil, impurities, and dirt from follicles.
- Amla oil massage can help in stimulating the blood flow and relieving stress.
- Provides essential nutrients to hair follicles to promote hair growth and controls premature greying of the hair.
How to use Amla for hair:
1. Massage your scalp with amla oil for natural hair growth and stimulation of blood circulation.
2. You can also take amla juice in the morning to take care of your overall health.
3. Amla hair growth powder can also be mixed with essential oils in a paste form to apply on hair for premature greying of hair.
Shatavari For Hair
Shatavari is known as an adaptogenic natural herb. It has many chemical compounds that make it an ideal herb for multifold benefits. It is also known for its healing properties. Shatavari is considered a hair growth powder. "Queen of herbs", Shatavari effectively helps in hair growth.
Shatavari benefits for hair:
- The anti-inflammatory property of this herb helps to soothe the scalp.
- It prevents skin irritation from an itchy, flaky scalp, and promotes the growth of hair.
- Stress is one of the main reasons for hair loss, it deals with physical and emotional stress, which prevents hair loss.
- It also strengthens hair roots by boosting blood circulation.
- It helps in maintaining the natural color of the hair and prevents premature greying.
How to use Shatavari for hair:
a) Mix Shatavari Hair growth powder with 1 tbsp of milk to make a smooth paste. Apply thoroughly on the scalp and hair. Keep it for 30 mins and then wash.
b) Take 1/2 tbsp of Shatavari Powder as a supplement with warm water to derive its rejuvenating, anti-aging, and strengthening health benefits.
Neem For Hair
A traditional and potential natural herb, Neem is also known as "Nimb". The health benefits of neem have been used for centuries now. It is denoted as "good health" in Ayurveda. Neem herb is used in Ayurvedic medicine for hair care treatments. It is an effective herb to treat hair loss.
Neem benefits for hair:
- Neem herb promotes healthy cell division and stimulates hair follicle growth.
- The antifungal property of Neem prevents fungal growth that soothes dryness and controls dandruff.
- Neem herb also curbs premature greying of the hair.
- It gently moisturizes and nourishes hair and scalp and promotes healthy hair growth.
How to use Neem for hair:
1. Neem Oil is the most effective and widely accepted form of the neem herb.
2. Mix your Neem oil with your daily essential oil and then massage thoroughly all over your scalp and hair.
3. Neem hair growth powder is also beneficial for your hair. The powder is mixed with other natural herbs like amla reetha shikakai for effective results.
4. To know more about neem hair oil benefits.
Musambaram For Hair
Musambaram, also known as Kariya Polam or Musambari, is a resin of Aloe vera herb. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in healthy hair treatments.
Musambaram benefits for hair:
- It helps in relieving the inflamed scalp that eventually controls hair loss or baldness.
- The antibacterial properties help to soothe the scalp from dandruff and other infections that leave your scalp dry and itchy.
- It also helps in promoting healthy hair growth by stimulating hair follicles.
How to use Musambaram for hair:
1. Take a Musambaram piece or aloe vera resin piece of about 2inch.
2. Soak it in a bowl of water overnight.
3. It will produce a fluid that will be sticky and brown.
4. Apply that evenly on your scalp and leave for 30 mins.
5. Rinse thoroughly.
Shikakai For Hair
Shikakai is also known as "Hair Fruit" as it promotes hair growth naturally by reducing hair fall, controlling dandruff, and relieving skin ailments. It is a potent ayurvedic herb for healthy long lustrous hair.
Shikakai benefits for hair:
- It is rich in saponins, vitamins, and antioxidants to make your hair look shiny and lustrous.
- It is a cooling agent that helps soothe your scalp and relieves stress.
- It has antifungal properties that help in eliminating dandruff for good and prevents dryness.
- It helps fight free radicals damaging your hair and scalp and promotes healthy hair growth.
How to use Shikakai for hair:
1. Dry at least 10 to 15 Shikakai pods in the sun until all the moisture has dried up.
2. Once completely dried, grind all the pods together in a mixture until it completely turns to powder.
3. Then mix your Shikakai hair growth powder with your essential hair oil and apply it for 30 mins.
4. Rinse thoroughly
To know more about Shikakai do read this blog.
Giloy For Hair
Giloy is also known as Guduchi and panacea herb in Ayurveda because of its healing and protective properties. It is well-known as "the root of immortality". It helps in improving hair texture. It eradicates hair problems like dandruff, split ends, dryness, and hair fall.
Giloy benefits for hair:
- Its antioxidant properties benefit hair by eliminating dandruff and dryness, therefore promoting hair growth.
- The anti-Inflammatory property combats split ends and hair breakage. Thus it improves hair texture for lustrous hair.
- It is an ayurvedic medicine for hair growth that controls hair loss or baldness by regrowing new hair and keeps dandruff away due to its pungent and astringent nature.
How to use Giloy for hair:
1. Take Giloy hair growth powder or make a powder at home by grinding it in a mixture.
2. Add honey or rose water to the powder and make a smooth paste.
3. Apply it thoroughly on the scalp and leave it for at least 2-3 hours.
4. Wash it using a herbal hair care shampoo.
Panikoorka For Hair
Panikoorka is also known as Karpooravalli, a leaf extract that has powerful antibacterial properties. It is effective against bacterial strains of external aggressors that damage hair texture and hair growth. Panikoorka uses are very common in South India that's why they have healthy-looking hair.
Panikoorka benefits for hair:
- During Winter, Panikoorka oil is added to bathing water to prevent colds and headaches.
- It also soothes hair scalp from dryness as it has high moisturizing properties.
- It helps in relieving stress by relaxing your brain nerves.
- It eliminates dandruff to promote healthy hair growth and hair texture.
- Its antibacterial properties kill harmful bacteria from the scalp and prevent hair loss.
How to use Panikoorka for hair:
1. Use Panikoorka leaves to make a hair growth powder by grinding it in a mixture.
2. Add honey or rose water to it for a smooth paste.
3. Apply it on the scalp and hair for at least 2-3 hours.
4. Wash it with any herbal hair care shampoo.
Methi For Hair
Methi is also known as Fenugreek Seeds that are used as a spice in Indian households. But its age-old Ayurvedic properties make it an essential herb for hair treatments. It is rich in folic acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, and Vitamin C that are beneficial for hair fall and dandruff. It also helps in treating dryness, baldness, hair thinning, and early breakage of hair.
Methi benefits for hair:
- It reduces excessive hair fall by strengthening your hair strands.
- Flavonoids and saponins are essential compounds to treat hair fall that are present in Methi.
- It helps in controlling dryness, itchiness by eliminating dandruff from the scalp.
- It helps in controlling the stress hormone cortisol that causes hair loss or baldness.
- Promotes healthy hair growth by stimulating hair follicles and boosting blood circulation to the scalp.
1. Massage your hair with Methi Hair oil that can be directly applied to your hair and scalp.
2. You can also make a methi hair mask with methi hair growth powder and curd.