Every parent wants the best baby grooming for their babies. Be it their food, feeding accessories, toys, clothes, and even the surroundings in which they are growing up. The age between 6 months to 2 years is especially concerning as the baby grows and healthy babies manifest a wide range of behaviors, appearances, and temperaments. It’s a stage where they want to explore everything their eyes can see and hands can touch. A whole new world opens up in front of them as their 5 senses of touch, smell, sight, taste, and hearing become more energetic each day. It’s also a phase when the baby sprouts its first tooth.
But with the flurry of new things related to baby grooming also come many concerns and challenges. As the baby sets out to discover different textures and tastes, it’s very natural for them to put everything in their mouths. They start chewing on everything to soothe their teething gums and pacify themselves by trying to eat anything they can get a hold on. This is a cause of constant anxiety for parents, as it can lead to the spreading of germs and bacteria resulting in serious illness. Also, with the current situation of the pandemic, ensuring the highest standards of sanitation and hygiene is the topmost priority of every parent. Then how to take care of a newborn baby at home? What are the best baby products in India? What are the best newborn baby care tips? All these concerns are natural during this critical time of pandemic, but we will definitely help you with routine care of newborn babies.
8 Steps To Ensure Baby Grooming & A Healthy Hygiene
A baby’s nursery is always full of piling up laundry, feeding bottles, soft plush toys, plastic toys, blankets, and whatnot. The baby might be especially fond of some particular accessories that they never let go of. So how can the parent ensure that all accessories of their precious baby are always clean and germ-free? How do parents maintain baby grooming hygiene? Which product is best for my newborn baby hygiene and baby grooming? Let's take an infant care guide tour with baby health tips for clean and personal baby grooming and care along with the best baby products in India.
- Washing your Hands
- Face & Mouth
- Skin Care
- Soft Toys
- Bottle & Accessories
- Floor & Surroundings
- Insect Repellent
1. Washing your hands: The first step would be to always keep your own hands clean and sanitized before doing your baby grooming. Washing your hands regularly with soap or using an alcohol-based hand rub must become a habit so that you don’t transfer any kind of harmful germs onto the baby’s things. This also prevents viral infections and allergies.
2. Face and Mouth: Nothing beats the joy of watching your baby enjoy his/her favorite food prepared by you. But cleaning their hands and face becomes quite a task after the meal. With the use of baby wet wipes, baby grooming after every mess can be easy. Mother Sparsh 99% Pure Water Baby Wipes come to your rescue as they are as good as cotton and water and are the best baby wipes in India. The pure water wipes are fragrance-free and made with medical-grade biodegradable material, which does not irritate your baby’s delicate skin even one bit. You can let your baby have a gala time while you watch over them with contentment.
3. Skin Care: Baby's skin is very delicate and prone to dryness easily. And it might be difficult to choose the right baby grooming product when numerous baby fairness cream or newborn baby skin care products are available in the market. Then what is best for my baby care? Before you start looking out for the best newborn baby care products, Mother Sparsh Plant Powered Derma-Tested Baby Skin Care Kit is perfect for babies and children of all ages. It will help you with your baby grooming sessions in very simple steps. It consists of the best newborn care basics like baby shampoo, baby lotion, baby wash, baby wipes, and baby rash cream.
4. Laundry care: How cute does your newborn girl baby look in the frock stitched by her beloved grandmother? But as she starts crawling around the house, clothes can get dirty in no time. Add a mild and safe detergent to clean water and soak your baby’s laundry in it for 20-30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with plain water. Don’t forget to show the clothes some sunlight as it’s a natural disinfectant and drives away many germs.
5. Soft Toys: The plush and comforting soft toys can get spoiled easily as the material with which they are made attracts dust and lint in larger quantities. You can use the same method of washing laundry to clean the soft toys so that your baby can snuggle them in and have a good nap. Just make sure you use a natural and safe detergent.
6. Bottles and Accessories: Baby bottles are an essential part of the feeding routine. Cleaning them includes deodorizing, getting rid of the stickiness, and milk remains. The cleanser you use should be non-toxic and made of natural ingredients as the nipple of the bottle goes right inside the baby’s mouth. You should also wash your baby’s toys and other accessories as they can accumulate dirt and germs over time.
7. Floor and Surroundings: Do not forget to pay extra attention to wiping the baby’s play area and furniture with a sanitizing solution and cloth making sure to clean the corners and under the furniture as well.
8. Insect repellent: Last but not the least, house flies, mosquitoes and ants are those little creatures that can create a huge health hazard. Did you know that house flies are the main spreaders of pathogens causing typhoid and cholera? You can use non-toxic essential oils and natural insect repellent to keep your home free from insects and diseases.
These basic steps can determine a healthy and safe environment as well as the best baby grooming for your baby to grow safely. Now let's answer some FAQs regarding baby hygiene and baby grooming.
FAQs About Baby Hygiene And Baby Grooming
Q.1. Why is hygiene important for a baby?
Ans. Babies and children under the age of 5 years are more at risk of infection as their immune systems are not fully developed. Good hygiene is important to protect them from infection, bacterias, and viruses that might cause serious illness especially during the first few months of life.
Q.2. Can you wipe baby's eyes with baby wipes?
Ans. Yes, you can clean your baby's eyes with baby wipes until and unless your baby doesn't have any eye infection as it might irritate the eyes. Also, clean your baby's eyes carefully and use only pure water baby wipes, and resist buying wipes that have artificial fragrances.
Q.3. What are the important parts of baby hygiene?
Ans. Some important baby hygiene tips are-
- Wash your hands before touching the baby’s face, head, mouth, and teeth.
- Ensure cleaning of baby's teeth and gums using water and a washcloth after every feed.
- Clean your baby's ear with the use of a cotton wool ball.
- Cut baby's nails using unique baby nail scissors, cutter, or a sharpener board.
- For boys, smoothly clean the genital area with water while bathing. But for girls, hold both legs apart and wipe among the labia with the cotton ball if there are bits of poo.
- Give your baby some nappy-free time.
Q.4. How often do newborns need a bath?
Ans. There's no need to bathe your newborn every day. Three times a week is enough until your baby matures. Bathing your baby too much can dry out your baby's skin. So, it is advised to bathe your baby every 2 or 3 days.
Q.5. How do you clean a baby?
Ans. Take off the nappy or diaper and cleanse your baby's bottom and genital area with fresh cotton wool and warm water or with baby wipes. Dry thoroughly, including between the skin folds, leave your baby without a nappy for some time, and put on a clean nappy. Try talking to them and calm them down to get it done soon.