Under Eye Gel: Why to Use? It's Tips & FAQ's
That's fair! If you think skincare and having a cabinet overflowing with skincare products is an everyday need. Like- toners, moisturizers, face gels/oil/lotion, face serums, and everything in-between. But sometimes, it is hard to convince ourselves to add a new product to our routine, especially when it does the same thing on a different area of our face. In fact, it is logical to think about the worth of spending time, money, and effort on individual skincare products when the skin is skin, and it's all the same. But do you know that our faces have different skin layers around the eyes, chin, cheeks, nose, and forehead? Maybe or maybe not, but if your cabinet is full of skincare products. Then you must know that some ingredients in face/skin products may be similar, but the concentration to account for a particular area of your face or skin must be below. We understand the concern that buying different products, for one thing, seems inappropriate sometimes.
Do you ever think of buying an under eye gel for dark circles? We are sure that once in a while you must have considered it. But buying such an expensive moisturizer in a small pack looks worthless. Even moisturizers do the same thing as under eye gel or cream. Yes, maybe or maybe not, but do you know that the under-eye skin of your face is the thinnest and most delicate skin. So, should we use under eye gel or cream? Yes. Without any doubt, because it works wonders on under eye skin as an eye moisturizer. Need some briefed information on under eye gel or cream along with the best under eye care products? Continue reading-
Why do you need under eye care products?
The under-eye skin does not have oil glands, unlike the overall skin of your face. It is more fragile, prone to dryness, and quicker to show early signs of aging around eyes. The constant movement of the eyes all day also expedites the early signs of aging along with puffiness and dark circles. The first sign of aging often shows up around the eyes in the form of fine lines and wrinkles because of the repetitive movement of the eyes from smiling to blinking and frowning to squint. But with the regular use of under eye gel or cream, you can resolve all of these issues.
Also, face creams have a thick texture that does not easily penetrate the under eye skin. Also, some of the face products have harsh chemicals or artificial fragrances that can irritate your delicate skin around the eyes. Moreover, the face products do not address the issues around the eyes like dark circles, puffiness, fine lines, and wrinkles. Under eye gel or creams are specially formulated for the delicate skin around the eyes and deliver a host of benefits to rectify the issues.
How to choose the best under eye gel or cream?
While choosing the under eye gel or cream, always look for antioxidant properties with lightweight texture and help in moisturizing the skin around the eyes by reducing the early signs of aging. Before deciding on the best eye care gel, let us brief you a little more about the cause of fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, and puffiness, along with the best natural ingredients which may help you with under-eye skin issues.
- Fine lines and wrinkles: Collagen helps in maintaining skin elasticity. As you age with time, the production of collagen decreases. Also, everyday excess sun exposure damages the skin elasticity resulting in fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin C, peptides, and retinol boost collagen production.
- Dark Circles: The under-eye skin can appear darker due to constricted blood vessels that cause hyperpigmentation. The thinning of the skin while aging also leads to dark circles. But nowadays, UV rays, allergies, lack of sleep, inherited gene, unbalanced diet, Dehydration, and health issues like thyroid, anemia, dermatitis also results in dark circles. Fatty acids, Vitamin K, and oleic acid help in treating dark circles.
- Puffiness: It is a buildup of fluid and blood under the eyes. It is also known as bags under the eyes. Puffiness happens because of hyperpigmentation, fluid retention, inherited genes, lack of sleep, and aging. Cooling agents like cucumber fruit extracts relieve puffiness and swelling under the eye.
1. Avocado oil - It nourishes and protects the skin cells around the eyes. Because it is rich in oleic acid, fatty acid, and Vitamin K, which help lighten the dark circles. The antioxidant properties of avocado oil help in easing sun damages or sunburn. It helps in retaining the skin elasticity under the eyes. It is a well-known ingredient used in dark circle gel.
2. Cucumber Fruit Extracts - It is a natural emollient that treats all your under-eye skin woes. Caffeine also helps in reducing puffiness. But, the cooling agent like cucumber fruit extracts treats puffiness, dark circles, fine lines, and wrinkles, along with early aging. However, the cold temperature is more effective in treating puffiness around the eyes. Cucumber extracts hydrate the skin and reduce inflammation by treating sun damage or sunburn. It also helps in relieving stress and tiredness.
3. Almond Oil - It improves skin texture and minimizes the puffiness of the eyes. The rich anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, fatty acids, and oleic acid of almonds reduce dark circles and puffiness. It also contains retinol, vitamin E, and vitamin K, which keep your delicate skin under the eyes smooth without irritating it. It creates a protective shield around the skin from harmful UV rays.
Now you must be wondering how you will get all of these nature's good deeds in one go. So, you don't have to worry now you can get these under eye gel elements in one product. The best under eye gel for puffiness and dark circles in India enriched with natural plant powered ingredients and age-old home remedies. Yes! Mother Sparsh's Plant Powered Under Eye Recovery Gel With Avocado Oil And Cucumber Extracts For Reviving Tired Eyes have the goodness of almond oil, avocado oil, and cucumber fruit extracts for all your under eye problems.
8 Self Care Tips For Under Eye Skin Problems:
Along with under eye gel or cream, you need to work on your daily skincare routine to compliment your under eye gel or cream and other eye products. Because, there is nothing more effective than the self-skin care routine. To know more about the skincare routine, do read this blog.
1. Stay Hydrated to keep your skin hydrated from within.
2. Eat more collagen and iron-rich food enriched with vitamins. Like- Oranges, Cereals, broccoli, seafood, beans, etc.
3. Use a hydrating sheet mask twice a week to hydrate your skin.
4. Try to get at least seven to eight hours of sleep, as lack of sleep causes most of the under-eye problems.
5. Use natural plant-derived under eye gel or cream twice a day before applying sunscreen or moisturizer.
6. Use a cold compressor like cucumber, wet washcloth, chilled spoon after a long hectic day to help energize stress-laden & tired eyes.
7. Wear sunscreen every day before going out in the day to protect your skin from harmful UV rays that cause premature aging and under eye problems.
8. Stay elevated while you sleep on the pillow to prevent the pooling of the fluids in the lower eyelids.
FAQs On under eye care products:
Q.1. When should I apply under eye gel?
Ans. It is advised to use under eye gel or cream twice a day. First, in the morning before moisturization or sunscreen application. Second, before going to bed. You can also use it once a day before going to bed as our eyes take proper rest while we are sleeping so it will be more efficient and effective before going to bed.
Q.2. What does under eye gel do? Do you apply eye gel before or after moisturizer?
Ans. The regular use of under eye gel or cream will help you treat all your under-eye woes & premature aging problems like fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and puffiness. The best way to use under eye gel is before applying moisturizer or sunscreen as it is lighter than the moisturizer, and moisturizers or sunscreens are thicker.
Q.3. How long does it take for eye cream to work?
Ans. The under eye care products usually take action in 4-6 weeks of regular use. As the change of cell functioning does not happen overnight. It takes time to experiment with products and wait for the results. But you can use cooling compressors like cucumber for instant and temporary results to soothe your eyes and relieve tiredness.
Q.4. Is eye cream worth the money?
Ans. Yes. Without any doubt. The under eye care products are with your money, time, and effort. The under eye gel or cream will help you prevent signs of premature aging.
Q.5. How can I lighten my eyebags overnight?
Ans. You can try cooling compressors like cucumber, wet washcloth, cold veggies bag, or eye patches on your eyes. But, this followed to get instant results or temporary results. For long-lasting results, you should opt for under eye care products and use them regularly, especially before going to bed. You can try these Garnier Hydra Bomb Eye Serum Masks for instant relief from puffiness or eyebags.
Thank you for reading this blog. We advise you to consult your dermatologist before opting for any skin care products. We appreciate your time and would like to know your queries and views on this blog. Please share your feedback in the comments.